질문답변

crawford fight

페이지 정보

작성자 Adolfo 작성일24-09-21 18:48 조회3회 댓글0건

본문

cAfterward, Crawford, whose nickname is Bud and who was guaranteed $10 million by BLK Prime, a subscription video on demand company, flexed his biceps and paraded around the ring with a wide grin. Inside the arena, speakers blared "Before I Let Go," an R&B classic by Maze featuring Frankie Beverly.

Crawford’s debut was a 26-second stoppage in March 2008 over Brian Cummings, who entered the ring at 2-0 (2 KOs). He ended that year with a second-round TKO of Michael Williams in November, rising to 5-0 (3 KOs).

11 p.m.: The Garden is on absolute fire, with the crowd still rocking from Teofimo Lopez Jr.'s TKO to become champ and Tracy Morgan hilariously telling Lomachenko that he "better watch out" for the new world champion and fellow Brooklyn native. Loma and Lopez did flick it up after the bout.

In front of a home crowd of 12,121, Crawford became the undisputed champion at light welterweight after knocking out Indongo in round three. The final punch was a left hook to the right side of the body, which immediately dropped Indongo. Referee Jack Reiss counted to 10 and promptly called an end after 1 minute and 38 seconds. Indongo also touched the canvas during round one, but the referee ruled it a slip. Additionally, Indongo was knocked down and received a count after a left from Crawford during round two.

Crawford vs. Porter took place Nov. 20 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nev. WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford (38-0) put his belt on the line against Shawn Porter (31-41-1), which aired live on ESPN+ pay-per-view. Catch more video highlights below.

"I felt good and I felt I could do enough to win the fight," said Spence, who said he’d want to rematch at 154 pounds. "I’m not here to make excuses. I’m a grown man. I agreed to the weight and I did what I could."

In 2017, Crawford had a short reign as the undisputed light welterweight champion, being the first since Kostya Tszyu in 2004, and the first in any weight class to simultaneously hold all four major world titles since Jermain Taylor in 2005. In 2023, he became the undisputed welterweight champion, the first since Zab Judah in 2006. Crawford is the one of only three male boxers in history, along with Naoya Inoue and Oleksandr Usyk), to become the undisputed champion in two weight classes in the "four-belt era".

Bob Arum spoke to ESPN in early February 2017 about Crawford's next defence and possible opponents. He said that HBO had set a May 20 date for the fight and the venue would most likely be in Crawford's hometown, Omaha. Mexican boxer Antonio Orozco, one of Crawford's mandatory challengers and Olympic gold medalist Felix Diaz, who had been calling out Crawford, were the names mentioned. He went on to explain how Orozco's promoters seemed to have little interest in the fight. Lou DiBella, promoter of Diaz, was eager to make a fight happen. Arum spoke to The Ring on March 1 saying that Crawford's opponent had been narrowed down to Diaz or Adrian Granados. Amir Imam, ranked number 1 by the WBC was also in the mix, but Arum said that he found it difficult to make a deal with his promoter, Don King. Terms were finally agreed on March 22 for Crawford vs. Diaz at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, on May 20. Contracts were to be signed shortly after. A week after the fight was announced, the location was changed. The new venue was confirmed to be Madison Square Garden in New York.

Yes, Alimkhanuly cruised in an eighth-round TKO win over the veteran, and yes, he was never in any risk of losing. However, for someone highly touted such as Alimkhanuly (11-0, 7 KOs), it wasn't an ideal performance.

I’m still torn. My heart says Crawford. I think he’s the better fighter. I think many narratives constructed around his career are, at minimum, misleading; at worst, just false. But my head says Spence. It’s hard to look at the size disparity, the reach advantage and the options available to him and see Crawford doing what crawford fight results always does. Yes, he has beaten bigger, longer fighters before. But he hasn’t beaten one like Spence. So I see this as 1) a sensational Crawford knockout that cements a generational legacy or 2) a Spence win by decision that speaks to the reach advantage.

The talented player also became the highest-ranked lightweight in the U.S. Since the early days, Terence honed his natural raw power and skills. He has successfully become one of the most admired and talented boxers.

The match took place on April 20, 2019. Crawford knocked down Khan 2 minutes into the first round with a sharp right hand followed by a left hook and came close to a second knockdown, with Khan seemingly being saved by the bell. Despite making adjustments in rounds two and three, Khan was easily outboxed by the sharper and faster Crawford. The champion switched to southpaw in round four and increased the pressure on Khan. 40 seconds into round six, Crawford hit Khan with an accidental low blow. Despite being given five minutes by referee David Fields to recover, Khan's trainer Virgil Hunter informed the referee that Khan would not be able to continue, giving Crawford the win via TKO. Before the stoppage, Crawford led on the scorecards by 50–44, and 49–45 twice. According to CompuBox stats, Crawford landed 88 of his 211 punches (42%) while Khan landed 44 of his 182 punches (24%). At the post-fight press conference, Crawford accused Khan of "quitting" in the fight, which Khan denied.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.