질문답변

Why Audi G28 Doesn't Matter To Anyone

페이지 정보

작성자 Otilia Arriola 작성일24-07-13 03:46 조회22회 댓글0건

본문

How to Replace an Audi G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video, Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is located at the edge of transmission over the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU through the grey wire T55/49 and then to the tachometer located on the instrument cluster.

holding-car-keys-woman-in-formal-clothes1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear, the G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 via the grey wire. The ECU uses this information to control fuel and boost. It also sends an indicator to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to link with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft reached TDC, and the position of the camshaft, so that it can activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails when it fails, the ECU will display an error code P00160. This means that the Crank Shaft is not in sync with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of an issue with the chain or a jump in the chain link of the upper chain. The code won't show without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It can be a bit difficult to test because there are different connector pins, and each one has different functions. The most effective method to test it is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. If the sensor is functional, it should read about 1000 ohms. If you are having problems with this component, look for signs of oil or coolant in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, i experienced a big cut in power like the engine is running out of gas or injectors are not firing at all. Today, i pulled out the spark plugs. Three were drenched with gazoline the fourth was dry. I put tissue over each injector hole, and when I start the engine with no sparks, the ones with gazoline jump out. The 4th one stays shut. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55/30/55/48/55/14/55/48/ I get zero Ohm. I think the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected, but it runs fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem still occurs at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even if it is not plugged in, shows temperatures of -49c. I also noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 if i crank up the engine.

I'm not certain what to do, but i feel i have pretty much eliminated everything else. But i am afraid i might have missed something. Let me know should you have any suggestions! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 can be activated by a signal sent by the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is the same as the G4 and programmers they both work in the 80 100 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a wrecking yard or from a parts store. It is easy to test them - just switch your DMM into resistance mode and determine the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing upwards). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY, and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that needs to know the position and speed of the crankshaft to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injectors, etc. It uses a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to achieve this. If either of these go badly, you will see codes on the diagnostic scanner which can cause the engine to shut down.

A damaged G28 sensor could cause an inaccurate gearbox speed counter and a gearbox which shifts faster than normal, or an unfire when in the gear. It is possible that the sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you notice any of these signs. They are cheap and easy-to-find, especially when they're an Bosch unit like ours. Alternatively, GM's version of this part is an option.

5. Tachometer

A damaged engine sensor could cause a variety of issues within your vehicle. It's a crucial component of the transmission of your Audi since it sends information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the engine of the car is turning. This sensor could cause the transmission to fail and other components of the car to be affected.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. It transmits a signal via a gray wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes the signal to control the flow of fuel, timig and boost as well as transmitting it to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by examining the continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. Also, you can verify continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should detect an average resistance of 1000 ohms between these points. This is a common feature across the replacement audi key fob 80-100-200-RS2 series, starting from the 1985 MC all the way up to the 1997 UrS AN and 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find them in wrecking yards.Lexus.jpg

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.